Welcome to LucySmith.ca,
a place where professional sport, high performance, dreams and motherhood intersect.
Lucy Smith has been a professional distance runner and triathlete for over 20 years. She is a 2 time World Championships Silver medalist and a 19 Time Canadian Champion over a range of endurance events from cross country running to marathon and ½ Ironman and Ironman triathlon.
Lucy's involvement in sport goes beyond training and racing, as she is recognized now as a sport leader, coach and role model for women in sport.
Lucy Smith currently balances this joy for the sporting life with parenting two young children, and writing about the realities for women and mothers in sport.
"If I hadn't discovered the way to infuse my running career with joy- an appreciation for my experiences and what I can accomplish-I would have stopped in frustration years ago. Over time my career has come to mean less about winning and external rewards and more about the path to learning, friendships, life priorities and celebrating pure human potential through the medium of running."
Athletic Career Highlights
- Silver Medalist, ITU Duathlon World Championships: 2006 and 1996
- 6 Time Canadian 10K Road Running Champion: 2006, 2004, 1998, 1997, 1996, 1995
- 5 Time Canadian Cross-Country Champion: 1997, 1992, 1991, 1989, 1988
- Canadian 10 000m Champion: 2004
- Canadian Half Marathon Champion: 2006
- 5 Time Canadian Duathlon Champion: 2006, 2003, 2002, 2001, 1998
- Canadian Half Ironman Champion, 2007
To read more about Lucy and her path to excellence, about women in sport, coaching tips or to explore Lucy's speaking and coaching career, please look around the site and visit her blog
. Lucy always welcomes positive energy and queries about running and triathlon, so feel free to leave a message
if you like!